You will by now have realised that releasing an album is something I have been dreaming of since I started playing music. I am now at the stage where I have plenty of material to work into a full album, which I am absolutely delighted about. I will be recording the album myself in my home studio, and am immensely excited about getting started. However, even though I will be recording the album myself, there are still a lot of costs involved in producing an album. This is where I need your help.
Bloom VC Campaign
I don’t know if you have ever been involved in a crowd-funding campaign before, but I have and I can honestly say it is a much more rewarding way of buying your favourite band’s album than simply buying it in a shop. Both times that I have taken part in a campaign, as a fan, I found the whole experience to be delightful, I actually felt like I was valued as a fan. I was kept updated all the way through the recording process, and when the CD final arrived I was absolutely delighted that I had played such an important part in it’s making.
I have decided to go ahead and start a crowdfunding campaign of my own to raise the funds to produce my album. My campaign is now live on Bloom VC’s site and you can find more detailed information about the campaign using the link at the top of this post. Below is a basic guide to how the whole campaign works.
• I have a target that has to be met to fund my album, and this target has to be met by 16th June 2012. With every promise made, it all counts towards this target.
• Only when the target has been reached that your promise is collected from your PayPal account or debit/credit card. The funds are then passed to me and I can proceed with the album.
• However, if the target is not met in time, no money is collected from anyone and the album cannot be produced.
• If you choose to make a promise, there are a variety of rewards that you can choose for making your promise, including a signed CD, specially made wristband or T-shirt…you can even have your name mentioned in the album’s booklet. Basically, its just like a very advanced pre-sale.
• All funds will be used to purchase additional recording equipment, to cover the cost of sending the tracks for mastering by a professional engineer and to pay for the physical CDs to be produced.
How You Can Help
If you have read this email and you want to help fund this album, just visit my campaign at www.bloomvc.com, or using the link at the top of this post, make your promise and choose your reward. You can also make a promise without a reward, but I’m sure you’ll like the rewards I have to offer. There are 2 videos on the campaign, one from me explaining the contents of this email in more detail, the other is a live performance of my new song “In the Glen”, which will feature in the album should this campaign succeed.
Thank you for taking the time to read this email and for checking out my campaign. I want to say a huge thank you in advance to all those choosing to make a promise – it really really means a lot and I’m really excited about producing a brilliant album for you all!